DSA Ocean Race 2019 May 12, 2019 2:07:39 GMT
Post by studentloandebt on May 12, 2019 2:07:39 GMT
DSA Ocean Race 2019
The DSA Ocean Race provides the ultimate test of a team and a human adventure like no other.
What is it?
It is a race around the world. Teams between 7 and 10 people sail yachts from ocean to ocean, racing against other yachts to arrive to their spot first.
How Does It Work?
- The teams will start in the DSA Capital and sail to their first destination; Jafarltar. Then they will sail to their next destination, then the next, and so on until they return back to the DSA Capital.
- Each leg of the race is treated as it's own race. Points are awarded in order of which teams reaches the destination first. For example; if there are 7 teams, the first ones to finish will get 7 points, second will get 6, and so on.
- Once at their destination, teams are given a break to relax, recover, and eat real food.
How Do I Join?
- Comment on this thread that you wish to join and give your team a name
What Are The Times?
- Sign-ups will last from May 11th to May 18th. The race will begin on May 20th.
- Each leg of the race will (very unrealistically) last a day, with points awarded each day.
- The race will end on May 29th.
What Are The Rules
- Yachts must stay on or near the designated course; no short cuts.
- Substitution of crew members is allowed between legs of the course (but not during)
- For movement, you will rely entirely on your sails. Motors and other forms of movement are only allowed for emergency situations.
- All crew members will be considered equal in ability. It does not matter if your crew are humans, A.I., nor sapient animals. They will all be treated the same.
Some Things I Should Know Before Hand?
- The Scorinator being used is Xkoranate
- Teams will have a skill ranking in the scoranator between 0 and 5. Teams will automatically be placed at 3 (unless requested to be lower). If you would like to raise your skill level, you will need to do RP involving the competition. A considerable amount of RP will raise you up to 4. A lot will raise you up to 5.
- The Scores are not determined by the host, but by the scorinator; a machine. The only thing I do control is how each team received those scores (aka the RP about why they were ranked how they were).
- You will want your crew members to be more than sailors. We recommend some of them be trained in medical response, sail-making, diesel engine repair, electronics, nutrition, mathematics, and hydraulics. You should be prepared for the long periods of time on the water.
- The seas are a rough and deadly place filled with mystery and mayhem. If any of your crew are harmed, injured, face any other form of damage, or die, the DSA Ocean Race Committee will not be held responsible.